Sunday, February 28, 2010

Damn Doors!

Okay, this is my first post! Whoooo! So, uh, the part I have written here was the most easiest to remember from the dream. It was so funny, this was the dream that motivated this blog-thingie... Hope you like it!

Here is "Damn Doors" :]

I swiftly walked up our back porch steps, my hands shoved deep in my jacket pockets.
“How can I forget?” I mumbled to myself as I pulled off one of my muddy shoes in mid-stride, stumbling into the door. “Ugh!”
I yanked my last shoe off and threw it to the ground.
My mind was buzzing. Why would he even want to stay here in the first place? Why would mom invite him here? How’d she get his number?!
I pulled open the screen with a little too much force necessary.
“There you are sweetie,” Mom said from behind the kitchen bench as she rinsed leaves off a lettuce in the sink. She wore her best skirt and top and wore her blond hair in an elegant twist. She looked me up and down. Twice. “Where have you been? He should be here soon and you’re muddy.”
I winced as I peeled off my wet socks and jacket. “Sorry, lost track of time I guess.” I shrugged, trying to look indifferent.
“I see. Well, can you go and make sure the spare room’s still in order?” she said as she placed the clean leaves into a bowl.
“Okay,” I mumbled as my stomach twisted with nerves. I walked into the laundry threw my socks into the washer.
I strode down the hall and up the stairs to the spare room where he’ll be sleeping.
I flicked on the light, the sound clicking sharp.
The bed was made smartly, the cover was creaseless, and the pillows were ordered carefully.
I deftly pulled the curtains across, hiding the pouring rain. Evil rain, I thought to myself.
I turned and left the room, flicking off the light, shutting the door behind me, my footsteps echoing off the wooden floorboards.
His light should be turned on, I thought to myself once my bare foot touched the squeaky step at the bottom of the stairs. I turned and climbed the stairs again, one step at a time.
I reached his room and swung back the door and slapped the light on. I strode out without a backwards glance.
Then it finally dawned on me once I reached the bottom step. Wouldn’t it look weird if only his light was turned on? So I quickly marched back up the stairs, turned on Mom’s bedroom light and then finally mine, before shutting both the doors and quickly walking back to the stairs.
‘There,’ I said aloud, slapping my hands together like I’d done a tiring job, but then frowned. I should leave his door open, but only just a little. So I turned around and walked up the stairs to the spear room and opened the door a smidgen. The golden light left a thin line down the hallway.
I reached the end of the hallway, looking forward to a hot shower, but then thought that it would look odd if all of our bedroom lights were on, and the doors shut. So, I turned on the spot and made my way back down the hallway.
I opened my door first, then my parents’ door.
Glad to have finished my OCD fit, I skipped down the hallway and into the bathroom, smiling to myself as I flicked on the llight.
I shut the door the same time I first heard Robert Pattinson’s voice drift up the stairs.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment